Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today I...


Today was a very interesting and busy day. Here's what I did...
  1. Made Jasmine a dress for church: I used the Clarion Ledger to make a pattern and went to work.
  2. Cook breakfast before church.
  3. Dress myself and three children.
  4. Pushed a car in peeped toe heels and silk wrapped dress: A family in distressed were sweating profusely in their car, after running out of gas in our subdivision. I went home and got some gas we use for the lawnmower. I helped her husband pushed the car out of the street in heels and a dress. Ironically, people just stared and drove by. No one offered to help. They were so shocked that I stopped and helped. The man mentioned "small town values." I am originally from a small town,where everyone knows everyone. I remember so many times my father and mother helping people out. They instilled that into me. I hope that my children were taking notes. However, all I could hear was their arguing over Jacob.
  5. Went to church.
  6. Wrestled with two children at church. We had to leave early. No one could hear the minister for my irritated and crying children.
  7. Searched Ebay for a phone.
  8. Feed the pets. We are still trying to figure out how Princess keeps getting out of the dog pen.
  9. Coaxed Jazz to sleep.
  10. Indulged in some quiet me time.

I am sure if left some things out. I was truly amazed at how much I multi-task. Being a mother sometimes is overwhelming. Yet, today I just took care of business. How much business was taken care of is sometimes still amazing.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.