Thursday, May 15, 2008

Good Samaritans


Filling up the tank of the rental car at Kroger, I talked to my son about his day at school through the window. Making a U turn, I decided to visit the Buick store. I have been fascinated with getting something new and larger. My latest fascination is the Buick Enclave. Boy, that vehicle is screaming, "Buy me buy me buy me!" When I was on my way home, I noticed that a voicemail icon was on my cellphone. Calling the voicemail, I almost wrecked. I have a voicemail from Trustmark Bank that someone had found my debit card and had taken it to the bank. I almost wreck trying to make a U-turn in front of Whitfield. Not even thinking about the fact that I stay down from the MDOT and Highway Patrol Headquarters. I immediately call the number and quickly get a run around from a teller, who apparently doesn't have time to ask anyone if they had the card. After irrigating persistence he finally discovers that someone has called and my card is at the branch. After showing my drivers license, I once again have possession of my card.

Ok here is the deal. I must have dropped the car at the gas station. The person, who found it must have turned it in immediately. I would love to meet this person. I hope that karma is definitely on their side. If my card had not been turned in, I would have been crushed. I actually had money in the account. I would not be able to get my car out the shop and so many other things.

It's amazing that in today's society of "ME ME"and forget "YOU" that there are people who still care and will do the right thing. I don't know who are you, but if you are reading this. I would love to give them a hug, kiss, something.

Good Samaritans do still exist.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.