Monday, December 29, 2008

The Beginning

Immediately, after I woke up and put my Mary Kay face on, I happily walked out the door. I knew I would finally get the coveted time to myself. Even though it wasn't much of a break from my reality. It felt great to be able to hear my own thoughts, without crying, arguing, and begging in the background. Since the beginning of my break, I haven't had any time to myself. I enjoyed the 57 minutes I had to myself. Although I was running errands and didn't have long, I soaked up every minute of solidarity. As I walked through my door, I almost took for granted that peace I had experienced. Unfortunately, it was short lived. Jacob has a fever and had to have a breathing treatment. To add salt on a womb, Jasmine is starting to have a fever and is begging to be held like Jacob. What a great way to start the beginning of my last week off.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So sorry your kids are sick. With all the ups and downs and weather, it is hard to keep anyone well.

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.