Sunday, March 8, 2009

Feeling Refreshed

I am HAPPY to report that this weekend was fantastic! Maybe it was the weather or just being away from the hustle and bustle of life.

I started off with an early morning trip to my parents, so that they could babysit for me while I attended the 4Ws Writing Institute in Clarksdale, MS. We had such a great time discussing Tennessee Williams's work. Since I drove myself, I was able to go to the Delta Blues Museum. That was fabulous as well.

Once I got home (my parents' house) the children were worn out from all the playing with their favorite aunt (my thirteen year old sister) and their favorite little cousin. We all just passed out. I always get the best sleep at my parents' house. I don't have to worry about monitoring the kids and their sleeping habits or checking the house to make sure we are still safe.

On today, I spent the morning saying it was time to go. However, I never quite made it out. The weather kept me there even longer, not that I am complaining. My gifted father fixed my horn. All my horn needed was to replace the fuse. I could do that and I did do it. He also helped me do some much need maintenance work on my car. I have to watch my tires. I am so bad about jumping in the car and driving without checking it out. Of course, my dad used this opportunity to give me a lecture on the importance of maintaining my own car. (I really needed that)

Later, my little sister and I had a little fun in Oxford. We did a little shopping and had a great time. Now I am back home. I don't feel as mentally exhausted and do believe I will get some things done since I am so refreshed. There is nothing like going to the country and slowing down. I appreciate my upbringing so much.

1 comment:

Nicole Bradshaw said...

I want a full trip report about the Delta and the museum! It's been on my list for YEARS, but I haven't made it to the museum YET. Aaack.

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.