Saturday, November 1, 2008

Handy Work

I started the day off busy today. First I went to find a nail shop, I after stopping at two nail shops, I finally ended up at Tranquility in Flowood. Walking in, I didn't know if I had made the right choice. I explained to the nail tech what I wanted, and I was very excited to find I could be helped. I arrived at 11:30 and did not leave until 12:40. Am I complaining... NOOOO! Here's the deal. I have been to several different locations in the past two months. I like overlays on my nails. The last location was the icing on the cake. I had the old set removed and a new set on. In the process of removing the nails, two of my nails broke and had to be replaced with a tip. The tip, on each finger, was the wrong size and hung over. The acrylic was too thick and chipped and broke my own nail off. The tip came off. In less than two weeks, my hands were atrocious. When the nail tech looked at my hand, they could not believe it. What really upset me though was that the acrylic on my left hand seperated from my actually nail, causing a gap. In this gap a fungus was developing and was turning my nail brown. Not knowing this until the nail tech at Tranquility told me, I felt that the rush jobs at the walk-in nail salons are just "Stealing" money from customers. When I left, I was very satisfied with the way my hands looked and felt. They were truly GREAT!

1 comment:

Suburban Housewife... Not so much said...

I am soooooooo glad that you were happy with the job they did on your nails at Tranquility. Now you see why I raved about them on the momslikeme site. Glad you found you a nail salon!

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.