Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vicious Cycle

Have you ever been just so sick and tired that you were sick and tired of bring sick and tired? I am realizing that you can stop being sick and tired by ending the vicious cycle. I now know it's time for me to stop this cycle of repeat offenses by taking the necessary steps to remove me from such an environment. People treat you only the way you allow them to. Sometimes, your comfort zone interferes with what you know is necessary. However, it's important to understand that remaining in an unhealthy comfort zone hurts you more than an unfamiliar comfort zone. Perhaps you have to reach a point that you just have to wake up and realize that things change. Sometimes it takes a wake-up call to understand that the enjoyment of your life rears with you and God. The situation won't get better if you allow and accept it. You have to take the stance and make a change. Time is precious and you can't let it be. It's time for me to think ahead and visualize what's in the future. Mistreatment bad disrespect dwindles down your body as a deadly drugged. Their potency infuses in your spirit and essence. Feeling a sense of validation by what others think and feel about you overshadows your own perception of yourself. Putting your faith in humankind without thinking about disappointment leans a hand to faulty understanding and often terribly hurt feelings. I am determined that I can do better, and I will do better. By ending this vicious cycle now, I will get what I want now. I will get what I know I deserve.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.