Tuesday, October 28, 2008

and the LIFETIME JUGGLING AWARD GOES TO...


So much has transpired in the past few days that I can't keep track of the continuous flow of my body without rest and relaxation. Lately though, I have been having these migraines, which have decided that they will withstand the pressure of the strongest medication. Trying not to feel completely pushed in corner, I realized that (just maybe) I might have too much going on. Recently, the reality of working away from the home was very real, especially dealing with interpersonal relationships with difficult, stubborn, and sometimes rude coworkers. Normally, when a person exits their job and crosses the threshold of their home, they enter into a surreal world. Unfortunately, I cross the threshold to my second job. Looking around my home and noticing what has not been done and really isn't much of a priority to be completed, I just feel more exhausted and worn out. Can someone erase the chaos in my life with the lifetime eraser? I want to experience the calm, relaxing environment, surrounding being at home. I want to be able to curl up in a corner and get to my TBR (to be read) stack of books, with no interruption. However, for me this remains only a dream deferred. I must continue to manage a household, businesses, work, complete two degrees, a continuing education class, be involved in church, help with homework, tutor, and fulfill so many other tasks while maintaining my sanity.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh, girl! You need to pack up those kids and send them to the grandparents house or hire a sitter and then have some "you" time. Even if that just means a bubble bath, a box of chocolates and a book.

Kayra said...

I hear ya! I'm right there with you. Our jobs never stop. We go from our paid jobs to our other jobs. I agree, send the kids away and the husband and enjoy a day to yourself!

Style Expert said...

Thanks, guys! I really think I will follow your suggestions! I have a lot going on this weekend, but surely next weekend!

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.