Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Family Hobby










Finding cheap and fun family activities can sometimes be a big challenge, but since my husband's vacation was this past week, we have discovered a new family hobby. This hobby is fishing.

Having never been fishing before, I just knew I would be board stiff. To my surprise, it has turned into something I am growing to love. The first time we went, my little princess was the only one, who caught something. Funny thing was that we all had professional fishing rods and reels. She just used a barbie doll fishing rod from Bass Pro Shops.

The next time we went fishing I was upset and didn't want to go. I had a list of things I could have and should have been doing. So amidst studying and pouting in the truck, I couldn't resist. Before I knew it, I was carrying rod in hand walking to the pier. That day we decided to compete. Two of them were given to us. I caught three and had to throw a small one back. The soccer pro caught five and threw a small one back. Daddy Wilson caught six and threw one back.

Today, we went and tried a new location. I was amazed at how disappointed I was when I caught nothing. I wanted to stay and keep going, but it was late and we had to leave. It is nice fishing. You bond with each other. You leave cell phones in the truck. The kids are happy. The family is just happy. I love it. I can't wait until this Saturday to do it again. Maybe we can go on Friday and Saturday.

What is even better we had a great meal. I had to make a special trip to the store to purchase a bag of french fries. Even though gas is expensive, I didn't complain. It was worth the trip.

2 comments:

Webmaster said...

Cassandra, that's awesome! I bet your kids love it just as much as you do. :)

You must send in some pics to MississippiMoms.com!

Deanna said...

I was just looking at those pics thinking you needed to send those to Sandi. I see she thought the same thing!

About Me

My photo
Cassandra Hawkins-Wilson is Founder & President of Sensational Image Consulting, a professional image consulting firm based in the Metro Jackson Mississippi Area. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in English and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology with a minor in Political Science from Jackson State University. As a instructor with Millsaps College Enrichment Program and an experienced public speaker and seminar leader, Cassandra is experienced in image training. Working with individuals from business executives to universities. With over 12 years experience in retail/fashion industry, education, and Mary Kay Cosmetics, she has designed and delivered workshops and seminars on appearance, communication skills, and business etiquette. Cassandra’s loves working with individual clients to assist one-on-one with professional development, visual, nonverbal, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills. In addition, she is a frequent contributor to various journals and published author.